Friday, August 12, 2011

Thinking through food habits!

This really is just to share my thoughts about food. Nishka and I have spent 3 weeks in a Naturecure Institute, and come back a convert to being more conscious to our responsibilities as cooks. I cook everyday and normally produce pretty decent food as well. We experiment a lot and are willing to try anything new. Nishka and I had 3 weeks together and spent a lot of time discussing food and have decided to try and go really healthy, but 'tastefully' healthy! The institute has some very strict 'Sathvik' ideas and believes that food is only for nurturing, and we shouldn't worry about taste. I don't really subscribe to this, as I feel creating good food is an art in itself, so this blog is now going to carry our experiments with healthy foods!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, I am going to follow. I like healthy, but tasty food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on a Sathvik diet for 2.5 years and the improvement in health is amazing. (I had to look up what Sathvik means, but it's exactly my diet except mine doesn't include butter and cheese.)

    My husband and I will be in Hyderabad this December. I wonder if there is an institute where I could study such cooking.

    ReplyDelete