Saturday, March 12, 2011

A quick shrimp soup!

Since I cook myself, after a day's work, my energy levels only allow me to cook really simple dinners! Viveck and I love our soups, and these should be clear soups as far as possible! So I made this the other night, really quickly and it was delicious!

4 cups fish stock ( I used fish stock cubes)
250 gms cleaned shrimps (from a packet of frozen shrimps)
1 tblsp oil
1/4 cup chopped spring onions including the greens
6-8 button mushrooms chopped fine
1 carrot sliced
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped green coriander
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
some boiled noodles

Heat oil, add spring onions and cook till onions are tender. Add sliced mushrooms, carrots and seasoning. Cover and allow the vegetables to sweat on a low flame for a couple of minutes. Raise the flame , add shrimps and cook till shrimps are done, a couple of mins. (Remember overcooking shrimps will make them hard.) Add stock and bring to boil and simmer for a couple of mins. Add celery and coriander and simmer for a couple of mins more. (Adding celery at the end allows it to remain crunchy and tastes wonderful in the soup). Put off the flame and add the lime juice and noodles and serve hot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment