Friday, October 15, 2010

Eggless mango souffle

Nishka sent me this recipe and I decided to try it! It turned out so well, and amazingly was done so quickly, i can see this becoming one of my favourite puddings! I am a 'quick' cook....and hate lingering...I don't take short cuts, but anything that will take hours of preparation, is not for me!!!
We were given a whole lot of mangoes this season, and since there were only the 2 of us at home, I froze a whole lot of pulp. It tastes as good as it looks!

2 cups mango pulp

2 1/2 tblsps gelatin softened in 1/4 cup warm water
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup thick natural yogurt (I use the home made one as ours comes out quite thick, but if the home made one is quite thin then a commercial one is fine)
1 small tetra-pack (100 gms) of  thick cream ( I used the Amul one)

In the liquidizer add all the ingredients except the cream, and liquidize for a minute. Take out into another bowl and fold in the cream. Pour into a glass bowl and leave to set in the fridge for half a day!

Note: This souffle doesn't keep for more than a couple of days in our climate, as the yogurt starts getting sour.

1 comment: